Monday, May 16, 2016

Return to Ireland - Adoration chapel

Update: A couple of people have asked me what a crying room is. So let me explain.

When we were growing up in Hull our church had a closed off room dedicated for young families with children. It would allow families to participate in Mass without having to worry about noisy children disturbing other parishioners. Nowadays you never see these rooms anymore (at least I haven't), but the Church in Lahinch obviously has one, although I'm not sure that is the name they would use for it, but it's a name we used at our Church growing up (Our Lady of the Annunciation) which is still there in Hull but it moved locations. (I know the original church we went to ended up as a night club at one point. Good grief. At least now there is an English speaking church in Hull again. I also notice that they have Fr. Fogarty listed as Parish priest from 1959 to 1973. I remember him well. He was very stern and he scared me to death. But I digress too much...)

I attended Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament after Mass today. The Church has a beautiful little chapel to the left of the front Altar, that also doubles as a crying room during Sunday Mass.

When used as a crying room, the young families have a perfect view of the Mass and the priest and they can close the door which helps to not disturb the parishioners at Mass. As an Adoration chapel it is a very intimate blessed area to be with Our Lord. What a great idea.

I took a couple of pictures of it so you can see how they oriented it in the Church.





A beautiful Prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Help at a side altar.




No comments:

Post a Comment